Abrasive safety training should be provided to anyone who comes into contact with abrasive wheels (i.e. Grinding Wheels, Cutting Discs), or who is responsible for those who do. Including: Setters, Operators, Supervisors, and Stores workers.
This legislation makes it a legal requirement that operators, and those involved in the use of Abrasive Wheels are properly trained.
What is the course and what does it include?
The course is designed to raise awareness of the dangers of using abrasives and promote good
practice in the workplace. It includes:
- A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each trainee.
- Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
- Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/fault wheel checks and ring test)
- Mounting of wheels (including a practical "verification of competence" test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed and tool care is adhered)
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- A test at the end of the course to ensure the participant has understood the content.
What will your employees receive? Why Southern Power Tools?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from an experienced trainer, where all relevant knowledge will be imparted.
As all of our trainer led abrasive safety training courses are accredited by the British Abrasive Federation (BAF), all successful candidates will receive a BAF accredited certificate and their details placed on the BAF national register (after the completion of a validation consisting of a theory test and a practical observation).